Vocation Boom Radio Show
A show from the Vocation Boom Radio series
Mar. 5, 2011
- Fr. Shawn McKnight, executive director of the USCCB Committee on Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations talks about the work of his office at the bishops’ conference, and what we all can do to promote more vocations to the priesthood
- Fr. Brian Welter, vocation director for the Archdiocese of Chicago, talks about the work his office is doing to foster more priestly vocations in the archdiocese
- Cy Laurent, founder and president of The Laboure Society, highlights the work they are doing to help eliminate personal debt in the lives of young men and women who wish to enter formation for the priesthood or religious life, but are kept from that by things like student loans, etc.
Feb. 26, 2011
- Most Reverend Joseph Tyson, Auxiliary Bishop in the Archdiocese of Seattle, talks about his call to the priesthood, and shares some insights into vocations in general, and what is happening in the Archdiocese of Seattle in particular
- Fr. David Toups, pastor of Christ the King Catholic Church in Tampa, and former executive director of the USCCB Committee on Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations, discusses the permanent sacramental character imprinted on the soul of a priest, and how it’s important for a man who is ordained to understand that fact, as well as the fact that he must persevere in his calling regardless of circumstances that may arise during his priesthood
Feb. 19, 2011
- Fr. Joe Noonan, former vocation director for the Archdiocese of Chicago talks about the work he was involved with when he was the vocation director
- Dr. Matthew Bunson shares information and statistics about the priesthood around the world, highlighting how more and more vocations are coming forward, especially in countries like Africa and Asia
Feb. 5, 2011
- Jerry Usher tells the Vocation Boom “story,” how it came to be, what it consists of, what the future plans are, etc.
- Brother Zyg Mazanowski, T.O.R. Franciscan seminarian shares his journey toward the priesthood, and the fact that he will be ordained a priest this May
- Steve Ray takes us on a walk through the Upper Room, where Jesus gave the Church the priesthood, the Eucharist, and confession